I'm a firm believer that no matter who you are more Core stability work is always a must.
IF YOU USE THIS ONE MOVE A FEW THINGS WILL HAPPEN
- You'll get your blood flowing and heart rate up
- You'll have your core muscles working hard
Most Pilates sessions almost always start with a movement called the Hundred!
- We pump the arms, this helps get the heart rate going and helps with coordination
- We add a breathing component, this also helps with heart rate and coordination
- It's easily scaled to be challenging for all fitness levels.
Step by step directions
Start laying on the ground with knees bent and arms pressing into the floor.
Left legs to a table top position and lift head off of the floor.
Deepen into your abdominal and start vigorously pumping your arms while breathing in for 5 counts and exhaling for 5 counts. Doing a total of 10 reps
The goal is to keep your entire body as still as possible while pumping your arms. As the movement becomes easier you can extend your legs longer.
Schedule a Free no sweat intro to find out how working with a trainer can help you.